HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Storage
With hospitals and physician practices implementing electronic health record software on a large scale, patient data is increasingly becoming digitized and more secure. However, not all digital storage spaces are created equal. Organizations must make the tough decision of whether to host clinical and practice management on their own on-site servers or use HIPAA-compliant cloud storage.
Due to the cost-savings and increased security of moving to the cloud, more and more health organizations are moving away from on-site servers. One reason for this is that on-site servers are limited to storing information at locations that may be vulnerable to things like theft and fire, while with cloud storage information is kept on highly secure remote servers that are monitored and maintained on a continual basis by IT and security experts.
Our HIPAA Cloud Storage Solution
1st Providers Choice provides a HIPAA-compliant cloud storage solution that helps hospitals and practices ensure the security of their patient and financial data. We abide strictly by all HIPAA guidelines and adhere to the data encryption and secure data transfer rules set forth in the compliance mandate.
Here are some of the reasons healthcare organizations choose us:
- We employ advanced technologies to restrict who has authorized access to your protected health information (PHI).
- We use industry-preferred encryption methods and have complex password requirements, ensuring the utmost security.
- PHI is stored in restricted areas, protected by security personnel 24/7.
- Our data backups and disaster recovery strategies ensure constant data security.
- Server maintenance is performed regularly to avoid downtime.
- We exceed government security standards for data transmission and storage.
While we provide data hosting and complete security solutions, all data stored on our HIPAA-compliant cloud servers remains yours. This means that you have complete control of your patient information and can access it at all times.